Friday, May 1, 2009

Graduation

I did not know I special that day would be. My family was there to support me and celebrated a day that I worked for so long. Besides Doug, and my children, there was my brother Horacio y su novia Anna. Also my fantastic sister in law Alison with Christian her husband and their two kids (Ashley and Christiansito). My mother in law (Ann) and my younger sister in law (Lauren) were there. They'll graduated two weeks after this day.
I have to give a huge credit to my wonderful husband. Doug was the person who motivated me to started to take classes in LDS Business College years ago. Doug would remained me to enroll to my classes and he would guide me what classes were best to someday graduated. During difficult classes, he would believe in me more that me in myself. He watched the kids all the time for my to study, do homework or take tests. Also he would edit my papers. I know that without him this dream would not be possible for me. I am a lucky women to have a men like him.

I graduated August and I even got my diploma. We could no make it last graduation and decided to go six months later. The main purpose to do the walking graduation was to left an impression to my children. I mentioned to them 6 months before about me being done with college classes. Finally the kids realized about the whole thing when I put on the hat and gown. I guess the purpose was accomplished. I hope they'll remember that their mom with broken English, mothering 4 children and no so genius could do it. They have no excuses now.

7 comments:

Dacia said...

Congratulations! You're so awesome!

Jen Kesler said...

Congrats!!!!

Stef said...

Wooowhoooo!! Way to go Dora. I have to warn you. After I graduated there were days when I would get a feeling of stress thinking "I have a paper due today." but then I would realize that I was done. What an awesome feeling!! Congrats to you! Great example for your kids...stick to your guns!!

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations Dora! Your graduation is such a wonderful accomplishment and you worked so hard. You are a wonderful example for your cute and very smart kids!

Miranda said...

Congradulations grad!! You go...that is a huge accomplishment. You deserve a vacation:) as for your layout it is easy..go to customize and swith the desired boxes around. if you need any help let me know.

HFG said...

Just wanted you to know Dora that you are my "everyday Hero!" I'm going to follow your example, I promise. honey

kristib said...

Dora, I just found your blog from Dacia's. I'm so glad to catch up with your family. My heavens! Your children are so beautiful, and have grown so much since we left! Congratulations on your graduation!!! I remember you working on classes when we were there, and I'm so happy to hear that you finished. What a fantastic example for your kids, and a great feeling of accomplishment for you. You are amazing! love, Kristi

Contributors