Monday, April 23, 2012

Half Marathon Doug/Dora

Hailey and Harrison helped us with water a mile 4. It was so great to see them. My dear friend, Jamie drove them around to see us in the race. Her little 10 year old run the 1/2 marathon and ended 30 min before me.
It freshed me to see them again at mile 10. I needed the water so bad and only to see them gave me strength.
My time 2:02 average of 9 min 22 sec per mile. My goal was 9 min but at mile 11 I went down hill. However from last run I improved 30 min.
After crossing the finish line, I decided to go find Doug, he was only 10 min behind me. I was more excited to finish with him that when I cross the line by myself, I adore him. Doug did amazing, his time was 2:12. Faster than my first 1/2 marathon, I am worry that I wont keep up with him soon, I also excited for him to enjoy to accomplish things like this with his new health.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is so awesome. I am so glad the stem cell transplant worked and has made such a difference in your lives.

Contributors