Friday, June 22, 2012

Family Camping 2012


Hailey and Harper's first camp. They both loved it. Hailey begged us to go and that is the only reason we went. The older boys have camped plenty before, Doug gets sick every time, and me not my favorite thing to do. Harrison was the only happy one to go. However everyone had the best attitude.
 

Thanks to Hunter and Hayden, the camp experts, the work was not bad. I love that they can do even more than me.

Harper spent hours throwing rocks into the creek.

I was worried about the cooking. We made steak burritos and breakfast burritos. It tasted much better than at home. We made simple meals and it was so fun.

My girls, the reason of the fun camp.

Hailey even found a dead snake, she was so excited.

Her most favorite part of the camp was sleeping in the tent.

We all were in circle time talking and laughing. Harper decided to take time to use the bathroom, shameless girl.

Harrison took Harper to explore the area.



I had mixed feelings about camping, I never camped as a child and I was raised in a big city, so I do not find outdoors naturally entertaining. It is too much work before and after, not good enough sleep, no electronics, and dirty hands. However my kids loved every second, therefore I loved it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

I hear you Dora! Camping is sooooo much work, but you're right...the kids LOVE it! I'm trying to be brave and plan a trip with our little family before the summer is over. Wish me luch! Hope you are doing great!!!

Jen Kesler said...

luck, not luch!

Contributors