Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hailey 5th Bday


Hailey waited for her Bday for months. Four months before she asked me everyday if her bday was that day. She really wanted a pool party. She wanted the slipping slide, pool, water balloons and ice cones. Well Albuquerque surprised us all with rain that day. In the morning of her b'day, when the party was planned. I told Hailey about no pool party because of the weather. She got so sad, I was hoping she would not care, but she really dreamed about pool party with her friends. She run to her room sad.
Doug quickly said to me: what about Chuck E. Cheese? He presented the idea to Hailey and that fix things up. We change plans that morning and call her friends. I remember that everytime she sees this place she ask me to take her. Of course I never do. I am like most parents, we do not like those places much at all. However it wasn't as bad. But most important, she had a great time with her friends (Lizzie, Olivia, Alexi and Tamblyn)

She did not want a regular cake. She wanted pink cupcakes like in the pinkadelicious book, (her favorite one).
She asked me to read that book and it was amazing how the girls were so interested hearing the story in the middle of all the noise around us.


She got a umbrella as a present from Harrison. She was able to use it right away after the party, yes here in ABQ!

2 comments:

Dacia said...

She's such a cutie!

Miranda said...

I lvoe that book too! I think they are adorable. That is so fun...way to go Doug with the great idea! Happy b-day to you Hailey:)

Contributors