Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chicago 2nd round

Doug was no so thrill about my posting about his treatment. He allowed it because he knows some family and friends would like to know, specially his mom (Ann). I ll post as much as I can since flying back and forth, sole parenting and classes will be in the way.
Valentines Days, we flew to Chicago, we headed to the hospital from the airport, so Doug could get a procedures. We were able to get dinner to celebrated VD, our aniversary (17th) and his last non hospital meal during the next three weeks.
First day was no that bad. Doug got begining chemo, he was able to eat food he likes but by night nauseas and vomiting took place.
I have a class assigment that hopefully help Doug. The lost of control and uncertaning affects him a lot. We have developed a intervention plan, he has choose to engage in activities in the next three weeks, as long as his fatigue allow it, things such: praying/scriptures, walking and stationary bike daily, choose of food, work some, listining up lifting messages, good laughter (Modern Family did it today). I will keep track and motivated him to do so.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Aceneth Warner said...

Dora, I love to see your post and I feel your strength. Thank you for sharing. We will be praying for you guys.

Contributors