Friday, March 4, 2011

Almost the end

I got to Chicago last Wednesday and found the pile of mail Doug has gotten. We have been so bless by the support and love of everyone, thank you all. It has really make him feel better to know that people care and pray for his recovery.
He was naping a lot whenever his stomach let him rest. He could not eat for 3 days because of Chron's flare up. The doctors wait to treat the flare up until white cell count was close to rise. The fevers were gone but the fatigue and pain were there.
Thursday he had two popsicles in the morning. He had finally the meds for the Chrons's that afternoon. After that, he tried cereal, bread and Ensure. He slept better with no fever and pain of free.
This morning (Friday), he got grits, eggs and herbal tea; the restof the food in the picture I ate it. The doctors are expecting the white cells to show within the next 24 hours. I sure hope my next post be Doug and I on the taxi way to the airport.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jsturner1 said...

Oh me too!!!!

Dacia said...

I hope so too!

Erin Edwards said...

Dora please tell Doug we are praying he gets better soon as is able to go home. Keep posting so we can keep up with his recovery. We sure miss you guys.

Contributors